Request for Proposals
The International Climate Councils Network invites interested parties to submit proposals for secretariat hosting.
The ICCN is looking to set up a dedicated secretariat to support the Steering Committee to ensure that the Network has sufficient resource to deliver against its priorities.
The ICCN is seeking an independent third party organization to host a secretariat that would work under the direction of the Steering Committee. Secretariat services would include:
- Providing coordination and support for ICCN member councils. This includes managing administrative duties including financial management, website management and communication with existing members.
- Providing support to the ICCN Steering Committee, including meeting set up, agenda setting, and recording actions.
- Coordinating ICCN knowledge exchange activities to facilitate sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Working alongside the Steering Committee to build network membership, including developing and implementing strategies to recruit new members.
- Work alongside existing members to support the establishment and capacity building of new climate councils.
- Managing external communications and planning events to increase ICCN visibility, amplify network activities, and build partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Event and meeting management, including virtual and in-person ICCN Plenary meetings and in-person events at annual UNFCCC COPs.
It is envisaged the secretariat would be established and running by January 2024.
The ICCN Steering Committee invites interested parties to submit proposals. Candidates must ensure that the information they provide includes sufficient material to assess capabilities in the areas indicated below. Subsequent to review of the written proposals, the Steering Committee reserves the right to request that one or more candidates attend an interview in order to further explain their approach or qualifications. The Steering Committee may disqualify candidates if response contains misrepresentations or any other inaccurate, misleading, or incomplete information.
Deadline for Submission: August 31st, 2023